1. What is the order of a chemical reaction, , if the rate of formation of 'C', increases by a factor of 2.82 on doubling the concentration of 'A' and increases by a factor of 9 on trebling the concentration of 'B'?
2. For high conversion in a highly exothermic solid catalysed reaction, use a __________ bed reactor.
3. For every 10°C rise in temperature, the rate of chemical reaction doubles. When the temperature is increased from 30 to 70°C, the rate of reaction increases __________ times.
4. The single parameter model proposed for describing non-ideal flow is the __________ model.
5. A first order reaction requires two equal sized CSTR. The conversion is
6. In case of physical adsorption, the heat of adsorption is of the order of __________ kcal/kg.mole.
7. The most unsuitable reactor for carrying out reactions in which high reactant concentration favours high yields is
8. Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to space velocity of flow reactors.
9. A reactor is generally termed as an autoclave, when it is a
10. 6 gm of carbon is burnt with an amount of air containing 18 gm oxygen. The product contains 16.5 gms CO2 and 2.8 gms CO besides other constituents. What is the degree of conversion on the basis of disappearance of limiting reactant ?
11. The rate constant of a chemical reaction decreases by decreasing the
12. Reaction rate equation for the reaction, . If S at is present in large excess, what is the order of this reaction?
13. Rate of a gaseous phase reaction is given by, . The unit of rate constant is
14. __________ is the response curve for a step input signal from a reactor.
15. 'If the catalyst pore size is small in comparison with the mean free path, collisions with the pore wall controls the process'. The diffusivity under this condition is called 'Knudsen diffusivity', which is affected by the
16. Which of the following is the most suitable for very high pressure gas phase reaction ?
17. The reaction between oxygen and organic material is a/an __________ reaction.
18. With decrease in temperature, the equilibrium conversion of a reversible endother-mic reaction
19. In an exothermic chemical reaction, the reactants compared to the products have
20. For a reaction of the type, , the rate of reaction (- rx) is given by
21. In a consecutive reaction system when E1 is much greater than E2, the yield of B increases with the
22. A reversible liquid phase endothermic reaction is to be carried out in a plug flow reactor. For minimum reactor volume, it should be operated such that the temperature along the length
23. The rate constant of a chemical reaction increases by 100 times when the temperature is increased from 400 °K to 500 °K. Assuming transition state theory is valid, the value of E/R is