1. In continuous filtration (at a constant pressure drop), filtrate flow rate varies inversely as the
2. For sizing of fine materials, the most suitable equipment is a
3. Which of the following is not categorised as a "mechanical operation" ?
4. Which of the following is a pressure filter ?
5. Tabular bowl centrifuges as compared to disk bowl centrifuges
6. Pebble mills are tumbling mills widely used for grinding in the manufacture of paints & pigments and cosmetic industries, where iron contamination in the product is highly objectionable. Pebbles used in pebble mill are made of
7. Filter aids like asbestos, kieselguhr, diatomaceous earth etc. are used to increase the porosity of the final filter cake & reducing the cake resistance during filtration. Filter aid is
8. Which of the following relationships between co-efficinet of friction (μ) between rock & roll and a (half of the angle of nip) of the particle to be crushed is correct ?
9. Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to the roll crushers.
10. Which of the following is not an ultrafine grinder (colloid mill)?
11. Two particles are called to be equal settling, if they are having the same.
12. Which of the following is the most suitable for handling fibrous and dense slurries ?
13. __________ centrifuge is normally used in sugar mills.
14. Solid particles separation based on the difference in their flow velocities through fluids is termed as the
15. Diatomaceous earth is a/an
16. The distribution given by microscopic analysis of powder is
17. Number of particles in a crushed solid sample is given by (where, m = mass of particles in a sample, Vp = volume of one particle, ρ= density of particles)
18. For a non-spherical particle, the sphericity
19. In washing type plate and frame filter press, the ratio of washing rate to the final filtrate rate is
20. Ball mills and tube mills with flint or porcelain balls are used for size reduction of
21. Size reduction of __________ is accomplished in steam heated rollers and roll crushers.
22. The capacity of a belt conveyor depends upon two factors. If one is the cross-section of the load, the other is the __________ of the belt.
23. Which of the following is not a part of the Blake jaw crusher?
24. If a force greater than that of gravity is used to separate solids & fluids of different densities, the process is termed as the