1. A projectile is thrown at an angle a to the horizontal with α velocity v. It will have the maximum centripetal acceleration
2. The ‘analytical engine’ was developed by?
3. The unit of Moment of Inertia of a body, is
4. If a body moves in such a way that its velocity increases by equal amount in equal intervals of time, it is said to be moving with
5. If the gravitational accelerational at any place is doubled, the weight of a body, will
6. A cable loaded with 0.5 tonne per horizontal metre span is stretched between supports in the same horizontal line 400 m apart. If central dip is 20 m, the minimum tension in the cable, will be
7. A particle moves along a straight line such that distance x traversed in t seconds is given by x = t2(t + 1), the acceleration of the particle, will be
8. The Law of Polygon of Forces states that
9. Parallelogram Law of Forces states, "if two forces acting simultaneously on a particle be represented in magnitude and direction by two adjacent sides of a parallelogram, their resultant may be represented in magnitude and direction by
10. Which one of the following statements is true ?
11. The beam shown in below figure is supported by a hinge at A and a roller at B. The reaction RA of the hinged support A of the beam, is
12. The product of mass and velocity of a moving a body, is called
13. Engineer's units of force, is
14. Joule is the unit of
15. The maximum velocity of a body vibrating with a simple harmonic motion of amplitude 150 mm and frequency 2 vibrations/sec, is
16. Who said about Michael Angelo in the following word: ‘He was the greatest artist who ever lived. He was a jack of all trades and a master of all’?
17. One Newton force, is
18. The masses of two balls are in the ratio of 2 : 1 and their respective velocities are in the ratio of 1 : 2 but in opposite direction before impact. If the coefficient of restitution is , the velocities of separation of the balls will be equal to
19. The angle which an inclined surface makes with the horiontal when a body placed on it is on the point of moving down, is called
20. Work may be defined as
21. The first woman President of the Indian National Congress was .........?
22. A bullet weighing 200 g is fired horizontally with a velocity of 25 m/sec from a gun carried on a carriage which together with the gun weighs 100 kg. The velocity of recoil of the gun, will be
23. The tension in a cable supporting a lift
24. A satellite moves in its orbit around the earth due to
25. If g1 and g2 are the gravitational accelerations on two mountains A and B respectively, the weight of a body when transported from A to B will be multiplied by