76. Statement: Should the tuition fees in all post-graduate courses be hiked considerably? Arguments: Yes. This will bring in some sense of seriousness among the students and will improve the quality. No. This will force the meritorious poor students to stay away from post-graduate courses.
77. Statement: Should the persons below the age of 18 years be allowed to join armed forces? Arguments: No. Persons below the age of 18 do not attain both physical and mental maturity to shoulder such burden. Yes. This will help the country develop its armed forces which will serve the country for a longer time.
78. Statement: Should all the infrastructural development projects in India be handed over to the private sector? Arguments: No. The private sector entities are hot equipped to handle such projects. Yes. Such projects are handled by private sector in the developed countries.
79. Statement: Should all the colleges in India be allowed to devise their own curriculum and syllabus for the vocational courses promoting self-employment? Arguments: Yes. This is an important step to generate employment opportunities. No. This will affect the quality of education due to lack of uniformity in syllabus.
80. Statement: Should agriculture in rural India be mechanized? Arguments: Yes. It would lead to higher production. No. Many villagers would be left unemployed.
81. Statement: Should there be concentration of foreign investment in only few states? Arguments: No. It is against the policy of overall development of the country. Yes. A large number of states lack infrastructure to attract foreign investment.
82. Statement: Should the oil companies be allowed to fix the price of petroleum products depending on market conditions? Arguments: Yes. This is the only way to make the oil companies commercially viable. No. This will put additional burden on the retail prices of essential commodities and will cause a lot of hardships to the masses.
83. Statement: Should the education at all levels be offered only in vernacular medium? Arguments: Yes. This is the only way to enhance performance of the students. No. This will severely affect acquiring knowledge for want of good text books in vernacular medium.
84. Statement: Should there be only one rate of interest for term deposits of varying durations in banks? Arguments: No. People will refrain from keeping money for longer duration resulting into reduction of liquidity level of banks. Yes. This will be much simple for the common people and they may be encouraged to keep more money in banks.
85. Statement: Should all news be controlled by Government in a democracy? Arguments: Yes. Variety of news only confuses people. No. Controlled news loses credibility.
86. Statement: Should taxes on colour television be further increased? Arguments: Yes, Colour television is a luxury item and only rich people buy them. No, Televisions are bought by the poor too.
87. Statement: Should the educated unemployed youth be paid "unemployment allowance" by the Government? Arguments: Yes. It will provide them some monetary help to either seek employment or to kick-start some 'self-employment' venture. No. It will dampen their urge to do something to earn their livelihood and thus promote idleness among the unemployed youth.
88. Statement: Should higher education be restricted to only those who can bear the expenditure? Arguments: Yes. Higher education is very costly; hence it should not be given free. No. There are a large number of brilliant students who cannot afford to pay and they should be given higher education.
89. Statement: Should those who receive dowry, despite the law prohibiting it, be punished? Arguments: Yes. Those who violate the law must be punished. No. Dowry system is firmly rooted in the society since time immemorial.
90. Statement: Is the Government justified in spending so much on defence? Arguments: Yes. Safety of the country is of prime importance. No. During peace, this money could be used for the development of the country.
91. Statement: Should girls learn arts like judo and karate? Arguments: Yes. It will enable them to defend themselves from rogues and ruffians. No. They will lose their feminine grace.
92. Statement: Should India develop a national water grid by connecting all the rivers in the country? Arguments: No. This is not just possible as we do not have the technical knowhow. Yes, this will greatly help the entire country by effectively channelizing the excess water to the areas having shortage.
93. Statement: Should individuals/institutes having treasures of national significance like Nobel Prizes, hand them over to the Central Government for their safe custody? Arguments: Yes. The individuals or institutions do not have enough resources to protect them. No. These are the property of the individuals/institutions who win them and should be in their custody.
94. Statement: Should there be reservation of seats and posts on communal basis? Arguments: Yes. It will check most of the inter-communal biases. No, ours is a secular state.
95. Statement: Should octroi be abolished? Arguments: Yes. It will eliminate an important source of corruption. No. It will adversely affect government revenues.
96. Statement: Should public holidays be declared on demise of important national leaders? Arguments: No. Such unscheduled holidays hamper national progress. Yes. People would like to pay their homage to the departed soul.
97. Statement: Should India support all the international policies of United States of America? Arguments: No. Many other powerful countries do not support the same. Yes. This is the only way to gain access to USA developmental funds.
98. Statement: Should words like 'Smoking is injurious to health essentially appear on cigarette packs? Arguments: Yes. It is a sort of brainwash to make the smokers realize that they are inhaling poisonous stuff. No. It hampers the enjoyment of smoking.
99. Statement: Should the council of ministers once appointed be kept the same for the entire period intervening two elections? Arguments: No. Shuffling of ministers and portfolios is a healthy democratic process. Yes. The ministers do not get a hold on their portfolio unless they are kept for a longer duration.
100. Statement: Should people with educational qualification higher than the optimum requirements be debarred from seeking jobs? Arguments: No. It will further aggravate the problem of educated unemployment. Yes. It creates complexes among employees and affects the work adversely. No. This goes against the basic rights of the individuals.Yes. This will increase productivity.