mechanical-engineering-machine-design Related Question Answers
2. A screw is said to be over hauling screw, if its efficiency is
3. The application of third type levers is found in
4. For unequal width of butt straps, the thickness of butt straps are
5. In second type of levers,
6. Soderberg relation is based on __________ of the material whereas all other failure relation for dynamic loading are based on ultimate strength of the material.
7. In a flange coupling, the flanges are coupled together by means of
9. According to I.B.R., shearing resistance required to shear off the rivet per pitch length (in double shear) is (where n = Number of rivets per pitch length)
10. A locking device in which the bottom cylindrical portion is recessed to receive the tip of the locking set screw, is called
11. Slenderness ratio is the ratio of
13. According to Indian standard specifications, 100 H6/g5 means that the
14. Neither of them ......... given the correct answer.?
15. The velocity of sliding __________ the distance of the point of contact from the pitch point.
17. Circumferential joint in boilers is used to get the required length of a boiler.
18. The ball bearings are provided with a cage
19. When screw threads are to be used in a situation where power is being transmitted in one direction only, then the screw threads suitable for this will be
20. In radial cams, the follower moves
21. The square threads are not so strong as V-threads but they offer less frictional resistance to motion than Whitworth threads.
22. According to Unwin's formula, the relation between the diameter of rivet hole (d) and the thickness of plate (t) is given by (where d and t are in mm)
23. In order to avoid tearing of the plate at an edge, the distance from the centre line of the rivet hole to the nearest edge of the plate should be equal to (where d = Diameter of rivet hole)
24. The value of stress concentration factor depends upon
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use | Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
25. Which of the following material has the maximum ductility?
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions
Question ANSWER With Solution