mechanical-engineering-machine-design Related Question Answers
51. The taper on cotter varies from
52. Which of the following screw thread is used for power transmission in one direction only.
53. When the bearing is subjected to large fluctuations of load and heavy impacts, the bearing characteristic number should be __________ the bearing modulus.
54. The rolling contact bearings as compared to sliding contact bearings have
55. The maximum normal stress theory is used for
56. When two non-intersecting and non-coplaner shafts are connected by gears, the arrangement is known as
57. When a nut is tightened by placing a washer below it, the bolt will be subjected to
58. A locking device extensively used in marine type connecting rod ends is a
59. The difference between the tooth space and the tooth thickness as measured on the pitch circle, is called
60. When a load W is suddenly applied to a bar of weight W1, the stress induced in the bar will increase with the increase in weight W1.
61. The endurance limit for a mirror polished material will be __________ as compared to unpolished material.
62. A sliding bearing which operates without any lubricant present, is called
63. The material used for brake lining should have __________ coefficient of friction.
65. In an ordinary bolt, the effect of the impulsive loads applied axially is concentrated on the cross-sectional area at the root of the threads.
66. The radial distance of a tooth from the pitch circle to the top of the tooth is called
67. In a gear, having involute teeth, the normal to the involute is a tangent to the
68. The metal suitable for bearings subjected to light loads is
69. A connecting rod subjected to an axial load may buckle in the plane perpendicular to the plane of motion of the connecting rod.
70. Which of the following is an antifriction bearing?
71. A connecting rod is four times strong in buckling about Y-axis than about X-axis.
72. In designing a sleeve coupling, length of the sleeve is taken as (where d = Diameter of the shaft)
73. Changing an existing document is called ..............?
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use | Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
74. In helical gears, the right hand helixes on one gear will mesh __________ helixes on the other gear.
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions