76. The cross-section of the arm of a bell crank lever is
77. The rocker arms in internal combustion engines are of first type levers.
78. In a crossed belt drive, the shafts are arranged parallel and rotate in the same directions.
79. In worm gears, the angle between the tangent to the pitch helix and an element of the cylinder, is known as
80. Idler pulley is used for
81. The bell crank levers used in railway signalling arrangement are of third type levers.
82. When spring index increases, the value of Wahl's stress factor
83. A shaft is subjected to a maximum bending stress of 80 N/mm2 and maximum shearing stress equal to 30 N/mm2 at a particular section. If the yield point in tension of the material is 280 N/mm2 and the maximum shear stress theory of failure is used, then the factor of safety obtained will be
84. The longitudinal stress is __________ of the circumferential stress.
85. The expression 0.175 - 0.841/T is the Lewis form factor for
86. A screw will be self locking, if
87. The maximum shear stress theory is used for
88. The elasticity is the property of a material which enables it to
89. The surface finish factor for a mirror polished material is
90. For low and moderate speed engines, the cam follower should move with
91. When a bolt and nut is made of mild steel, then the effective height of nut is made equal to (where d = Nominal diameter of bolt)
92. If a bearing is designated by the number 305, it means that the bearing is of
93. Tapered roller bearings can take
94. In order to remove internal stresses produced by hardening the steel, the process usually adopted is
95. A pressure vessel is said to be a thin shell, if the ratio of wall thickness to its diameter is equal to 1/10.
96. A bolt of uniform strength can be developed by
97. The ratio of endurance limit in shear to the endurance limit in flexure is
98. The lower deviation is the algebraic difference between the
99. When plates are fastened by a rivet, the holes in the plates should be made by punching and reaming.
100. When carbon in the cast iron is principally in the form of graphite, the cast iron will be of