mechanical-engineering-machine-design Related Question Answers
102. The rivet head used for boiler plate riveting is usually
104. 18/8 steel contains
106. The velocity factor for carefully cut gears operating at velocities upto __________ is equal to 4.5/4.5 + v.
107. A localised compressive stress at the area of contact between two members is known as
108. The metal suitable for bearings subjected to heavy loads is
110. For hardening alloy steels and high speed steels, they are heated to
111. An universal coupling is used to connect two shafts
112. Euler's formula for a mild steel column is not valid if the slenderness ratio is
114. According to I.B.R., when the thickness of boiler shell (t) is greater than 8 mm, then the diameter of rivet hole (d) is obtained by
115. When the shaft rotates in anticlockwise direction at slow speed in a bearing, it will
116. A taper key which fits half in the key way of the hub and half in the key way of shaft, is known as
117. When bevel gears having equal teeth and equal pitch angles connect two shafts whose axes intersect at right angle, then they are known as
118. A sliding bearing which can support steady loads without any relative motion between the journal and the bearing, is called
119. In case of pressure vessels having closed ends, the fluid pressure induces
120. A machine part subjected to __________ is called a strut.
121. The yield point in static loading is __________ as compared to fatigue loading.
122. When two helical springs of equal lengths are arranged to form a cluster spring, then
123. For a shaft diameter of 200 mm, the number of bolts in a marine flange coupling should be
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use | Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
124. The stress in the threaded part of the bolt will be __________ as compared to the shank.
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions