126. The dedendum circle diameter is equal to (where φ = Pressure angle)
127. Which one of the following is a positive drive?
128. Who is the author of Common Sense?
129. The period during which the cam follower remains at rest, when cam moves, is known as
130. The flank of the tooth is the
131. The included angle for the British Association thread is
132. The contact ratio is the ratio of
133. The passive form of 'He is writing a new book' :?
134. The cracks in helical springs used in railway carriages usually start on the inner side of the coil because of the fact that
135. In a marine flange coupling, the thickness of flange is taken as
136. The wire ropes make contact at
137. A metal pipe of 1 m diameter contains a fluid having a pressure of 1 N/mm2. If the permissible tensile stress in the metal is 20 N/mm2, then the thickness of the metal required for making the pipe will be
138. A tangent key is provided in pairs at right angles and each key is to withstand torsion in one direction only.
139. When the speed of belt increases,
140. According to law of gearing, the common normal at the point of contact between a pair of teeth must always pass through the pitch point.
141. An involute pinion and gear are in mesh. If both have the same size of addendum, then there will be interference between the
142. The major diameter of a screw thread is also known as core or root diameter.
143. The initial tension (in newtons) in a bolt used for making a fluid tight joint like steam engine cover joints, is calculated by the relation (where d = Nominal diameter of bolt in mm)
144. The property of a material which enables it to be drawn into wires with the application of a tensile force, is called
145. The helix angle for single helical gears ranges from
146. In order to withstand resistance to wear, the best profile of gear is
147. A circular shaft can transmit a torque of 5 kN-m. If the torque is reduced to 4 kN-m, then the maximum value of bending moment that can be applied to the shaft is
148. The design of pin of a rocker arm of an I.C. engine is based on
149. For a shaft diameter of 100 mm, the number of bolts in a flange coupling should be