mechanical-engineering-machine-design Related Question Answers
151. In a V-belt drive, the belt makes contact at the bottom of the groove of the pulley.
152. In worm gears, the pressure angle is half the angle between two inclined faces in axial plane.
153. For crank shaft bearings, the ratio of the length of the journal to its diameter is less than unity.
154. Lewis equation in gears is used to find the
155. In order to determine the stresses in a thin cylinder due to an internal pressure, it is assumed that
156. All stresses produced in a belt are
157. An elastic bar is fixed at the upper end and loaded at the lower end by a falling weight. The shock load produced can be reduced by
158. The ratio of driving tensions in V-belt drives is __________ flat belt drives.
160. Which of the following spring is used in mechanical wrist watch?
161. In helical bevel gearing, the axes of shafts are __________ and the teeth are curved.
163. The ratio of the ultimate stress to the design stress is known as
164. According to Indian standards, the diameter of rivet hole is made larger than the basic size of rivet by
165. The cam follower extensively used in air-craft engines is
166. The minor diameter of a screw thread is also known as outside or nominal diameter.
167. A pressure vessel is said to be a thick shell, if the ratio of wall thickness to its diameter is
168. The radial stress across the thickness of a thick cylinder is maximum at the inner surface and zero at the outer surface.
169. The diameter of the rivet hole is usually __________ the nominal diameter of the rivet.
170. The resilience of a bolt may be increased by
171. In worm, gears, pitch lead angle is
172. The effective stress in wire ropes during normal working is equal to the stress due to
173. When the length of the journal is equal to the diameter of the journal, then the bearing is said to be a
174. A connecting rod should be
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use | Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
175. According to I.B.R., the efficiency of a triple riveted butt joint with double straps of unequal width (5 rivets per pitch length) should be
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions