176. When two non-parallel or intersecting but coplaner shafts are connected by gears, the arrangement is known as bevel gearing.
177. According to Indian standards, a bolt thread of 6 mm size of coarse pitch and with allowance on the threads and normal tolerance grade is designated as
178. Victory Medal is the highest military award of?
179. Mao-Ise Tung died in?
180. In designing a connecting rod, it is considered like __________ for buckling about Y-axis.
181. A steel containing __________ 0.8% carbon is known as hypo-eutectoid steel.
182. When the connected members are very yielding (soft gasket) as compared to the bolt, then the resultant load on the bolt will be equal to the
183. Which one of the following loading is considered for the design of axles?
184. The shear stress in a beam varies from zero at the outer fibres to a maximum at the neutral surface.
185. A basic hole is one whose
186. In a flange coupling, the keys are staggered at __________ along the circumference of the shafts in order to divide the weakening effect caused by key ways.
187. A tapered key which fits in a key way in the hub and the bottom of which is shaped to fit the curved surface of the shaft, is known as hollow saddle key.
188. In levers, leverage is the ratio of
189. The diameter of washer is generally taken bigger than the nut size.
190. If a shaft made from ductile material is subjected to combined bending and twisting moment, calculations based on which one of the following failure theories will give the most conservative value?
191. In block brakes, the ratio of shoe width to wheel diameter is taken between
192. Oldham coupling is used to transmit power between two parallel shafts which are slightly offset.
193. A shaft is subjected to fluctuating loads for which the normal torque (T) and bending moment (M) are 1000 N-m and 500 N-m respectively. If the combined shock and fatigue factor for bending is 1.5 and combined shock and fatigue factor for torsion is 2, then the equivalent twisting moment for the shaft is
194. When a machine member is subjected to torsion, the torsional shear stress set up in the member is
195. Pitch point of a cam is
196. When two parallel and coplaner shafts are connected by gears having teeth parallel to the axis of the shaft, the arrangement is known as spiral gearing.
197. A screw is specified by its
198. The wear load should be __________ the dynamic load.
199. The value of which of the following foreign currencies is maximum in terms of rupees?