1. If ω/ωn is very high for a body vibrating under steady state vibrations, the phase angle for all values of damping factors, will tend to approach
2. In a circular arc cam with roller follower, the acceleration in any position of the lift will depend only upon
3. When the relation between the controlling force (Fc) and radius of rotation (r) for a spring controlled governor is Fc = ar + b, then the governor will be
4. The factor which affects the critical speed of a shaft is
5. The partial balancing of reciprocating parts in locomotives produces
6. The pair is known as a higher pair, when the relative motion between the elements of a pair is
7. When the connection between the two elements is such that only required kind of relative motion occurs, it is known as self-closed pair.
8. The Whitworth quick return motion mechanism is formed in a slider crank chain when the
9. The primary unbalanced force is maximum when the angle of inclination of the crank with the line of stroke is
10. The acceleration of the particle moving with simple harmonic motion is inversely proportional to the displacement of the particle from the mean position.
11. In vibration isolation system, the transmissibility will be equal to unity, for all values of damping factor, if ω/ωn is
12. The two links OA and OB are connected by a pin joint at O. If the link OA turns with angular velocity ω1 rad/s in the clockwise direction and the link OB turns with angular velocity ω2 rad/s in the clockwise direction, then the rubbing velocity at the pin joint O is (where r = Radius of the pin at O)
13. If ω/ωn = 2 , where co is the frequency of excitation and ωn is the natural frequency of vibrations, then the transmissibility of vibration will the
14. A disturbing mass m1 attached to the rotating shaft may be balanced by a single mass m2 attached in the same plane of rotation as that of m1, such that (where r1 and r2 are the radii of rotation of m1 and m2 respectively)
15. In railway axle boxes, the bearing used is
16. When the two elements of a pair have a surface contact when relative motion takes place and the surface of one element slides over the surface of the other, the pair formed is known as a
17. The two elements of a pair are said to form a __________ when they permit relative motion between them.
18. When the axes of the shafts, over which the gears are mounted, move relative to a fixed axis, then the train is known as reverted gear train.
19. In under damped vibrating system, the amplitude of vibration
20. The dynamic friction is the friction experienced by a body, when the body
21. The steering of a ship means
22. The tractive force in a locomotive with two cylinders is given by (where c = Fraction of reciprocating parts per cylinder, m = Mass of reciprocating parts, ω = Angular speed of crank, r = Radius of crank, and θ = Angle of inclination of crank to the line of stroke)
23. The radial distance of a tooth from the pitch circle to the bottom of the tooth is called
24. When the crank is at the inner dead centre, in a reciprocating steam engine, then the velocity of the piston will be
25. For a twin cylinder V-engine, the crank positions for primary reverse cranks and secondary direct cranks are shown in the below figure. The engine is a