microbiology-energy-release-and-conservation Related Question Answers
1. Which of the following best explains about the usefulness of the production of ethanol in yeast cells under anaerobic conditions?
2. The final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain is
3. The amount of energy (cal/mole) in an ATP molecule produced by a cell from glucose by fermentation is
4. The enzymes for glycolysis are located
5. Glucose can be broken down to pyruvate by
6. In lactic acid fermentation, the final electron acceptor would be
7. The amount of ATP that can be obtained by complete oxidation of a glucose by a bacterium is
8. Which of the following is accomplished in chemiosmosis?
9. A yeast or fungal cell produces how many net ATP molecules per molecule of glucose when completely oxidized?
10. Before most molecules can enter the Krebs citric acid cycle, they must be converted to
11. How many oxygen molecules are required in the fermentation of one molecule of glucose to ethanol and CO2?
12. Most bacterial fermentations yield how many net ATP molecules per molecule of glucose?
13. The amount of ATP produced by a cell from glucose when metabolizing it by fermentation means is
14. Which one of the following is produced in the greatest numbers during one turn of the Krebs cycle?
15. Aerobic respiration differs from anaerobic respiration in which of the following respects?
16. For each pair of electrons passing from NADH located inside the mitochondria to oxygen, how many ATP molecules can be generated?
17. In anaerobic respiration, the final electron acceptor can be
18. Which one of the following is not produced in any of the steps of glycolysis?
19. The number of ATP molecules produced from one glucose molecule by a bacterium producing lactic acid is
20. Which of the following is the most complete definition of fermentation?
21. The enzymes that catalyze the reactions of the Krebs cycle are found in which subcellular organelle of eukaryotes?
22. Fatty acids are oxidized to acetyl-CoA by which of the following pathways?
23. Organisms can synthesize ATP by oxidative phosphorylation when they
24. How many molecules of carbon dioxide will be given off during ten turns of the Krebs cycle?
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use
Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
25. In cellular metabolism, O2 is used
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions