1. Three 10 k resistors are connected in series. A 20 k resistor is connected in parallel across one of the 10 k resistors. The voltage source is 24 V. The total current in the circuit is
2. A certain voltage divider consists of three 1 k resistors in series. Which of the following load resistors will have the least effect on the output voltage?
3. The parallel combination of a 470 resistor and a 1.5 k resistor is in series with the parallel combination of five 1 k resistors. The source voltage is 50 V. The percentage of the load current through any single 1 k resistor is
4. A certain Wheatstone bridge has the following resistor values: R1 = 10 k, R2 = 720 , and R4 = 2.4 k. The unknown resistance is
5. On which of the following voltage range settings will a voltmeter present the minimum load on a circuit?
6. The internal resistance of a 30,000 ohm/volt voltmeter set on its 50 V range is
7. The parallel combination of a 6.8 k resistor and a 10 k resistor is in series with the parallel combination of a 2.2 k resistor and a 1 k resistor. A 100 V source is connected across the circuit. The resistor(s) with the greatest voltage drop is (are)
8. When a load resistance is removed from the output of a voltage divider circuit, the current drawn from the source
9. A certain circuit is composed of two parallel resistors. The total resistance is 1,403 . One of the resistors is 2 k. The other resistor value is
10. The parallel combination of a 470 resistor and a 680 resistor is in series with the parallel combination of four 2 k resistors. The total resistance is
11. A 12 k resistor, a 15 k resistor, and a 22 k resistor are in series with two 10 k resistors that are in parallel. The source voltage is 75 V. Current through the 15 k resistor is approximately
12. A 6 V battery output is divided down to obtain two output voltages. Three 2.2 k resistors are used to provide the two taps. The two output voltages are
13. Two 3.3 k resistors are in series and this series combination is in parallel with a 4.7 k resistor. The voltage across one of the 3.3 k resistors is 12 V. The voltage across the 4.7 k resistor is
14. A balanced Wheatstone bridge consists of an RV of 3,500 , an R2 of 200 , and an R3 of 680 . The value of RUNK is
15. In a certain five-step R/2R ladder network, the smallest resistor value is 1 k. The largest value is
16. A voltage divider consists of two 100 k resistors and a 12 V source. What will the output voltage be if a load resistor of 1 M is connected to the output?
17. The parallel combination of a 470 resistor and a 1.2 k resistor is in series with the parallel combination of three 3 k resistors. A 200 V source is connected across the circuit. The resistor with the most current has a value of
18. A smaller-value load resistor will cause the output voltage to change more than a larger-value one.
19. Using the current-divider formula, you can find the current in any branch of a series-parallel circuit.
20. To derive 18 V and 12 V from a 24 V supply requires a voltage divider with three taps.
21. A Wheatstone bridge is often shown in a "diamond" configuration.
22. A resistor ladder network is a special type of series-parallel circuit.
23. The higher the range setting, the less the internal resistance and the greater the load effect of the voltmeter on a circuit.
24. Using Kirchhoff's voltage law, you can find the voltages across certain parts of a series-parallel circuit.
25. A Wheatstone bridge consists of four resistors in parallel.