1. Hydraulic mean depth (Dm) for a circular pipe of diameter 'D' flowing full is 0.25 D. For a circular channel, at Dm = 0.3 D, gives the condition for the maximum
2. The head loss in turbulent flow in a pipe varies
3. Most commonly used joint in the underground pipe lines is the
4. The list of India, States and Union territories is given in the?
5. The net positive suction head (NPSH) of a centrifugal pump is defined as the sum of the velocity head and the pressure head at the
6. With increasing flow rate, the hydraulic efficiency of a centrifugal pump
7. The velocity profile for turbulent flow through a closed conduit is
8. In case of hydraulically smooth pipe, the resistance to flow depends only on the Reynolds number, whereas for a hydraulically rough pipe, the resistance to flow is governed by the relative roughness. Two pipes are said to have the same hydraulic roughness, when they have equal values of
9. Water hammer in a pipeline results from the
10. Molten soap mass is transported by a __________ pump.
11. Which of the following denotes the effect of compressibility in fluid flow ?
12. Nominal size of the discharge pipe of a pump is usually __________ the nominal size of the inlet pipe.
13. The terminal velocity of a small sphere settling in a viscous fluid varies as the
14. If the discharge of a centrifugal pump is throttled, then its suction lift
15. Foot valves provided in pumps are __________ valves.
16. At high Reynolds number
17. Power loss in an orificemeter is __________ that in a venturimeter.
18. The terminal velocity of a particle moving through a fluid varies as dpn. What is the value of n' for Newton's law regime ?
19. What is the normal range of exit cone angle of a venturimeter ?
20. The dimension of dynamic viscosity is
21. A particle A of diameter 10 microns settles in an oil of specific gravity 0.9 and viscosity 10 poise under Stoke's law. A particle B with diameter 20 microns settling in the same oil will have a settling velocity
22. The pitot static tube does not measure the __________ pressure.
23. The fluid in which the shearing stress within it is proportional to the velocity gradient across the sheared section, is called a __________ fluid.
24. In fluid flow, cavitation is caused, if the
25. The ratio of the depth of flow to the hydraulic radius for the most economical trapezoidal section, in open channel flow is